Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving visit to the beach: Oceanside, California

Oceanside, California
Oceanside, California.
I have today "off" from work.... Well, except for opening the clubhouse this morning and then cleaning and opening the pool. And, of course, locking it all up tonight. And then I have to be available for the party in the clubhouse this afternoon and evening. And I have to be reachable in case of any emergencies. Other than that, I mean, I have today off from work.

As proof, I submit the photo above that I took on the beach about 10 o'clock this morning. The beach wasn't crowded even though the temperature was already almost 80 degrees. Seas were very mild, but the young surfers were in force in the shallows.

A group of Royal Terns (below) shared the beach with the morning beach goers.

I'm back home now at noon, listening to the Lions show up the Bears. It is 90 degrees, here, 15 miles inland. Boy, I love living in San Diego!

Royal Tern
Royal Terns. Oceanside, California. November 27, 2014. Greg Gillson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really want to hear from you! I've changed settings (again) in order to try to make commenting easier without opening it up to spammers. Please note, however, that comments to posts older than 14 days will be moderated. Thank you.