Friday, July 13, 2018

Black-tailed Gnatcatcher at Agua Caliente County Park

I was able to visit Agua Caliente County Park this April during the spring migration. Oases in the desert during migration are always great for birding. I was able to see many migrant birds. Most of my best photos, however, were of the resident desert birds.

One of my favorites in the Anza-Borrego Desert is the expressive little Black-tailed Gnatcatcher. The first two photos are a male on a flowering Creosote bush.

Black-tailed Gnatcatcher
Black-tailed Gnatcatcher
Black-tailed Gnatcatcher
Black-tailed Gnatcatcher. Agua Caliente, California. April 15, 2018. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really want to hear from you! I've changed settings (again) in order to try to make commenting easier without opening it up to spammers. Please note, however, that comments to posts older than 14 days will be moderated. Thank you.