Monday, July 30, 2018

Brown Creeper on Palomar Mountain

Brown Creepers are difficult to photograph well. They love dark, heavy timber. They cling to the trunk. They bounce along as they climb, staying active.

This species is a rare resident in the highest forests of San Diego County. My new camera allows me to take photos with faster shutter speeds and higher ISO. So eventually, I should be able to get some better photos. These are not it. But I share anyway. Just because it is hard to get any usable photos.

Brown Creeper
Brown Creeper
Brown Creeper
Brown Creeper
Brown Creeper. Palomar Mountain, California. June 17, 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really want to hear from you! I've changed settings (again) in order to try to make commenting easier without opening it up to spammers. Please note, however, that comments to posts older than 14 days will be moderated. Thank you.