Saturday, November 24, 2018

Spotted Towhees in Julian

Earlier this November Marlene and I got a way for a weekend at a cabin in the woods. I photographed a single male Spotted Towhee several times on November 4 during the 10-1/2 hours I spent relaxing on the porch (oh why can't I be relaxing there now?). It was coming in to a water feature (rusty bucket), but I got many photos on more picturesque perches.

Spotted Towhee
Spotted Towhee
Spotted Towhee
Spotted Towhee
Spotted Towhee
Spotted Towhee
Spotted Towhee

Compare the following two photos.

Spotted Towhee raised crown feathers
Head feathers raised.
Spotted Towhee smoothed crown feathers
Head feathers lowered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really want to hear from you! I've changed settings (again) in order to try to make commenting easier without opening it up to spammers. Please note, however, that comments to posts older than 14 days will be moderated. Thank you.