Sunday, December 29, 2013

Thanksgiving--playing on the freeway


Our move to San Marcos on November 28 to start our new job was supposed to be quick. We had a small U-Haul and friends to help us load and unload. But the 30 minute trip ground to a quick halt immediately after getting on the I-15 freeway.

We learned there was a bomb threat from a car parked under the overpass you can just make out in my cell phone photo above.

We sat for 2 and 1/2 hours on the freeway. Many people got out of their cars. As there was no traffic from the other direction some played catch with a football while others did hand stands and cartwheels in the empty lanes. Actually, I didn't see anyone overly upset. I used the time to rest. I wish to thank the Dunn's for helping us to move and sitting with us on the freeway and not complaining (out loud, at least).

Here is a news report about the bomb hoax.

If you are in any doubt, no, it is not a good idea to stick a cardboard box in the back of your sister's car with the word "bomb" written on it. Go directly to jail, do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really want to hear from you! I've changed settings (again) in order to try to make commenting easier without opening it up to spammers. Please note, however, that comments to posts older than 14 days will be moderated. Thank you.