Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Acorn Woodpecker at Kit Carson Park

Here is a photo of a recent Acorn Woodpecker I'd like to share with you. This was taken on a dark, cloudy morning and required major adjustment of the brightness settings in my photo post-processing at home. Digital cameras, in the default setting, want to turn everything dark gray. So it made the gray morning skies darker than they already were. I did bump up the camera settings for brightness, but they weren't as in good focus or pleasing position as this first shot. So, I changed the camera settings after-the-fact to make up for the poor original photo technique.

Acorn Woodpecker
Acorn Woodpecker. Kit Carson Park, Escondido, California. April 10, 2016. Greg Gillson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really want to hear from you! I've changed settings (again) in order to try to make commenting easier without opening it up to spammers. Please note, however, that comments to posts older than 14 days will be moderated. Thank you.