Saturday, May 2, 2015

Rockin' Baja Lobster

Rockin' Baja Lobster Oceanside, California
Rockin' Baja Lobster. Oceanside, California. April 26, 2015. Greg Gillson.
Walking along the tiny harbor-front and shops known as Harbor Village, at the marina in Oceanside, last week, Marlene and I were enticed by the sidewalk sign for some great fish tacos during happy hour. Except that Happy Hour was Monday-Friday and this was Sunday afternoon....

That wasn't the only signage we found confusing. The signs for the restaurant said "Rockin' Baja," "Rockin' Baja Lobster Bar & Grill," "Rocky's Beach Bar," and "Rockin' Baja Coastal Cantina." Talk about an identity crisis!

Whatever it's name, the food looked good and we sat out on the covered sidewalk cafe. (restaurant website)

I consider chips n' salsa a meal all by itself--if the salsa is good. Guess what? The complimentary chips n' salsa bar has pico de gallo, spicy salsa, and also deliciously sweet mango salsa. Yum!

Rockin' Baja Lobster chips n salsa

Both Marlene and I were enticed by the "Tres Amigos" entree. This meal is a shrimp taco, a carne asada taco, and a lobster taco. It comes with a big slice of avocado on each taco. It was as good as it sounds! A la carte or with rice and beans. I finally used a fork and tablespoon as "broom and dustpan" to scoop up the toppings that were bursting out until I could pick up the tortilla shells. I can't believe I ate the whole thing!

Rockin' Baja Lobster taco plate

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really want to hear from you! I've changed settings (again) in order to try to make commenting easier without opening it up to spammers. Please note, however, that comments to posts older than 14 days will be moderated. Thank you.