Thursday, January 28, 2016

A "No Photo" List?

On the New Years Day pelagic trip Nancy mentioned that a certain common bird was on her "no photo" list. Why would you choose NOT to photograph a bird anymore?

Well, hmm... in my online pBase photo gallery I do have 86 photos of Black-footed Albatross from Oregon alone... and 65 Northern Fulmar photos. But even though there aren't any plumages or poses that I don't already posses, that doesn't stop me from photographing them in California (albatross, fulmar).

And I am starting to build up quite a few photos of Black Phoebes and Phainopeplas now. But if there was one bird I probably don't need any more photos of it would be Snowy Egrets--no matter how photogenic and unwary they may appear. But just like a sunset, I just can't resist one more photo.

Snowy Egret
Snowy Egret. San Elijo Lagoon, Encinitas, California. January 2, 2016. Greg Gillson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really want to hear from you! I've changed settings (again) in order to try to make commenting easier without opening it up to spammers. Please note, however, that comments to posts older than 14 days will be moderated. Thank you.