Saturday, December 5, 2015

Song Sparrow at Oceanside

Here's a photo of a Song Sparrow on the cement wall at the San Luis Rey River Mouth in Oceanside. I was able to place the camera right on the wall for a low angle photo right down the length of the wall. My 100-400mm camera lens shoots best at f7.1. Fully extended to 400mm gives my camera about 12x magnification and only a very few inches of depth of field as can be seen by how quickly the cement wall goes out of focus in front and behind the bird.

Song Sparrow
Song Sparrow. Oceanside, California. November 8, 2015. Greg Gillson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really want to hear from you! I've changed settings (again) in order to try to make commenting easier without opening it up to spammers. Please note, however, that comments to posts older than 14 days will be moderated. Thank you.