Sunday, June 19, 2016

Some days I just can't get my head screwed on straight

Wait. Is that? Yes, yes it is.

Great Blue Heron with a unique perspective on life.
If you don't want to bend your neck down to look at the ground, you can always twist your neck around and look up at the ground.

Unscrewed.
The nearby heron in the background seems unimpressed and uninterested.

Stately Great Blue Heron.
These photos came from the bait docks in San Diego Bay. The bait tanks hold live small fish for the fishermen to use as bait. Hundreds of cormorants and herons hang out on these docks hoping to catch a snack.

I'm really sorry I didn't react quickly enough to get a picture of a Black-crowned Night-Heron that was all splay-legged out on the dock with it's head down inside a hole in the boards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really want to hear from you! I've changed settings (again) in order to try to make commenting easier without opening it up to spammers. Please note, however, that comments to posts older than 14 days will be moderated. Thank you.