Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Funny old man in golf cart

Yes, that's me. As maintenance manager for a mobile home park with over 170 coaches (see previous post about this job), there is a lot of ground to cover. I have a golf cart to carry tools around the park, which is situated on a hill.

A lot of the work involves keeping the sprinklers up and running--quite a job in itself--they want to clog and break continuously. So I get covered in mud on a regular basis. I've never really had a job that was so much  physical labor. It's a long ways from my 25 years of work as an electronics engineering technician (see my LinkedIn profile). I don't know if I'll grow up to be big and strong with all this manual labor, but I sure wash my hands a lot!

I get to be outside in the sunshine, help people and solve problems. It's hard work, but it is a fair and good company to work for. And they give me a place to live and pay me too! And my wife is my co-worker (she says boss). What more could one ask for in their job?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really want to hear from you! I've changed settings (again) in order to try to make commenting easier without opening it up to spammers. Please note, however, that comments to posts older than 14 days will be moderated. Thank you.