Friday, February 12, 2016

Bath time for a Blue-winged Teal

Blue-winged Teal is one of the more uncommon ducks in the West. So, I'm always happy to see them. I encountered over a dozen at Robb Field at the mouth of the San Diego River on February 1. One particular bird was really enjoying his bath time!

Shakin' his booty!
Blue-winged Teal taking a bath

Dip under and get covered with water.
Blue-winged Teal taking a bath

Work all the water into the plumage.
Blue-winged Teal taking a bath

Dip under again...
Blue-winged Teal taking a bath

Oh, how do I put those feathers back? Bad "hair" day.
Blue-winged Teal taking a bath

All done!
Blue-winged Teal

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really want to hear from you! I've changed settings (again) in order to try to make commenting easier without opening it up to spammers. Please note, however, that comments to posts older than 14 days will be moderated. Thank you.