Thursday, July 27, 2017

Colored pencil: Dragonflies

Here are two colored pencil works derived from photos. These were my first drawings of dragonflies, and my first attempt at partially transparent wings.

Colored pencil dragonfly
Colored pencil dragonfly. From photo at Santa Ysabel, California on June 16, 2017. Greg Gillson.
I'm not positive of the species. The first appears to be a skimmer, perhaps Common Whitetail. The second dragonfly is possibly some kind of meadowhawk.

Colored pencil dragonfly
Colored pencil dragonfly. From photo at Santa Ysabel, California on June 16, 2017. Greg Gillson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really want to hear from you! I've changed settings (again) in order to try to make commenting easier without opening it up to spammers. Please note, however, that comments to posts older than 14 days will be moderated. Thank you.