Monday, September 17, 2018

Osprey portrait: Oceanside

Marlene and I invited friends to make a quick jaunt to the beach after work to "watch the sunset" and have dinner. Something so simple on Friday evening can often make a routine weekend seem like a "3-day weekend."

I was able to walk across the road and do a bit of birding and photography at the mouth of the San Luis Rey River [site guide] while the others sat in the sand staring out to sea. Then we ate! [Rockin' Baja Lobster]

An Osprey was perched on the light pole I had to walk under, so it was close!

Osprey

Osprey

Osprey
Osprey. Oceanside, California. September 7, 2018.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really want to hear from you! I've changed settings (again) in order to try to make commenting easier without opening it up to spammers. Please note, however, that comments to posts older than 14 days will be moderated. Thank you.