Friday, May 2, 2014

San Diego Year Bird #206: Black-chinned Sparrow

Black-chinned Sparrow
Black-chinned Sparrow. Warner Springs, California. April 13, 2014. Greg Gillson.
I found Black-chinned Sparrows! This is one of 5 target birds I was wanting to find this spring. It is found in higher elevation dense chaparral. It's a small gray sparrow, looking quite a bit like a Gray-headed Junco.

I specifically searched near Warner Springs, where these birds have been reported in the past on eBird.

Life bird! Makes me want to sing...
 
Black-chinned Sparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really want to hear from you! I've changed settings (again) in order to try to make commenting easier without opening it up to spammers. Please note, however, that comments to posts older than 14 days will be moderated. Thank you.