Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Snow Goose at Kit Carson Park

I'm not sure how much longer this Snow Goose will hang around Kit Carson Park. Mid-April should really be about it. However, it is alone, with mostly non-migratory ducks now on the pond. So, when it migrates is totally up to it. At least, many people got to see and photograph this rather rare wintering bird. I caught it in some nice early morning light. In the bottom photo I caught it a bit back-lit.

Snow Goose
Snow Goose
Snow Goose
Snow Goose. March 29, 2019. Escondido, California.

1 comment:

  1. I saw one that looks just like him at a beach in Carlsbad a few days ago. I have a pic but can’t seem to post it. This bird let me get closer than the shore birds do for a pic. He was unusually relaxed for his pics.

    ReplyDelete

I really want to hear from you! I've changed settings (again) in order to try to make commenting easier without opening it up to spammers. Please note, however, that comments to posts older than 14 days will be moderated. Thank you.