Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Sunrise Loggerhead Shrike silhouette at Borrego Spings

I just about deleted this photo. Certainly, it is not too useful as an identification photo. But the shrike silhouette is instantly identifiable with the large head with hooked bill and full rounded tail. I bumped up the warmth on the white balance to give it a bit stronger orange hue than what my eye perceived at the time, in order to make it more artistic.

Loggerhead Shrike silhouette
A Loggerhead Shrike greets the sunrise. April 28, 2019. Borrego Springs, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really want to hear from you! I've changed settings (again) in order to try to make commenting easier without opening it up to spammers. Please note, however, that comments to posts older than 14 days will be moderated. Thank you.