Monday, August 13, 2018

Song Sparrow with scaly mite infection

At first this seems like a decent photograph of Song Sparrow. It comes from Dixon Lake in Escondido. Upon closer inspection, though, the legs of this birds are hideous, causing revulsive chills to run through me. I believe this is a scaly mite infection.

Song Sparrow with apparent scaly mite infection
Song Sparrow with apparent scaly mite infection. Escondido, California. July 20, 2018.
In the past I have photographed American Robins here at Dixon Lake with this same malady.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really want to hear from you! I've changed settings (again) in order to try to make commenting easier without opening it up to spammers. Please note, however, that comments to posts older than 14 days will be moderated. Thank you.