Monday, February 11, 2019

My first attempt at video: Rock Wren at Lake Hodges

I got out before the rain, yesterday, to walk around Lake Hodges. I wanted to try video on my Canon 7D Mark II and 100-400mm lens.

The light conditions were not good. There weren't many cooperative birds. I don't have an external microphone and didn't use a tripod. The video wasn't too bad for my first attempt. If I do this in the future I must have the camera on a tripod.

Here it is:


I noted that the camera's microphone picked up distant traffic on the freeway, boat motors, and people walking on the gravel path. So I dropped audio way down. If I bought a microphone I could add narration. If I had a decent still shot I could insert that as well, but none of my photos really turned out. I used a very simple and basic video editor for my first time.

This could be addictive!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I've been wanting to shoot some video as well - this is good inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the trick will be in mastering the video editor.

    ReplyDelete

I really want to hear from you! I've changed settings (again) in order to try to make commenting easier without opening it up to spammers. Please note, however, that comments to posts older than 14 days will be moderated. Thank you.